Friday, March 20, 2009

I promise this blog is not going to turn into an all-pregnancy, all the time thing, and not even an all-baby all the time thing, but I have nothing else to talk about right now, so that's what you're gonna get. Until we get back from Rome next week, that is!!

Here's a funny little doodad from a funny blog called www.alphamom.com. I was 10 weeks along yesterday.

Your Baby:
  • Will officially be considered a fetus by the end of this week. (no more Ziggy!!!)
  • Is over an inch long, maybe by as much as 3/4 of ANOTHER WHOLE INCH. That's almost TWO INCHES.
  • That's about the size of a...hmm...*glances frantically around room*...okay, it's slightly bigger than a really big coat button, but not quite as long as a AA battery. There.
  • Has a heartbeat strong enough to be heard via a Doppler. (sidenote: I bought a Doppler on Ebay yesterday. It'll help calm my worrywart mind.)
  • Most congenital conditions appear before the end of week 10, meaning the most delicate and critical development period is over. You can breathe a sigh of relief over that, but...uh, I wouldn't go celebrate the milestone with a bathtub of gin, or anything.

You:

  • Might be starting to feel just the teensiest bit better, symptom-wise. Morning sickness "typically" peaks around week nine, but you have my permission to tell me to shove that "typical" business up my ass. (another sidenote: I never got sick. There were maybe two days that I felt like I was rocking on a boat out in sea, but nothing too bad. Yay!)
  • Just like I just flipped the double bird at my copy of Your Pregnancy Week by Week for telling me that I don't need maternity clothes yet. Look, my bump may be 75% methane gas at this point, but that doesn't mean my gasbaby should be made to suffer constricting waistbands.
  • New bras might be a good idea, as I recently discovered after seeing a photo of myself taken by someone else and oh look! Armpit boobs! (sorry men)

  • And I'm off to where the Romans roam! Token's running the marathon on Sunday... wish him luck! Ciao ciao!

    3 comments:

    Nancy G said...

    Good luck, Token!!! Have fun in Rome and eat some good food for me!! Tell the Pope "HI"

    Loveya!!!

    Gil said...

    Have fun in Rome and good luck to Token!

    dadone said...

    Token, the blisters will just be another part of the journey, love you, dadone