Here's a funny little doodad from a funny blog called www.alphamom.com. I was 10 weeks along yesterday.
- Will officially be considered a fetus by the end of this week. (no more Ziggy!!!)
- Is over an inch long, maybe by as much as 3/4 of ANOTHER WHOLE INCH. That's almost TWO INCHES.
- That's about the size of a...hmm...*glances frantically around room*...okay, it's slightly bigger than a really big coat button, but not quite as long as a AA battery. There.
- Has a heartbeat strong enough to be heard via a Doppler. (sidenote: I bought a Doppler on Ebay yesterday. It'll help calm my worrywart mind.)
- Most congenital conditions appear before the end of week 10, meaning the most delicate and critical development period is over. You can breathe a sigh of relief over that, but...uh, I wouldn't go celebrate the milestone with a bathtub of gin, or anything.
And I'm off to where the Romans roam! Token's running the marathon on Sunday... wish him luck! Ciao ciao!