Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Doctor Appointment

I am 17 weeks along tomorrow, although I'm not too positive about that. The ultrasound I had when I was 12 weeks slated me for an Oct. 6 due date, so I don't know... the doctor said that since it's not that much further from Oct. 15, we'll just keep that date. It'll be interesting to find out when Baby B decides to face the music!

Let's see... Baby B's heart rate was 140, my blood pressure was good, I'm not a carrier for cystic fibrosis (but am not immune to chicken pox - even though I had it when I was a kid!), got some blood drawn for a quad-screen to test for Down's syndrome, and baby is located right where he/she should be.

I also made my "big" appointment for May 22 to find out if Baby B is a he or a she. They had an opening for next Tuesday, but Token and I will be Greece, celebrating our five-year wedding anniversary, so that's a no go. Patience, patience!

Next appointment with the doctor is June 9.

As for Greece, we are spending two days in Athens (just enough time to give Token his history kick. I think he's already signed us up for a walking tour. Joy!), then we are flying down to Santorini (where Mamma Mia! was filmed) for five days. Wanna see the place I booked? It's heaven on earth.

This is our own private outdoor pool!!!!


They serve breakfast every morning on your personal patio. Bliss, I tell ya. I can't wait!

Calgon, take me away!!!

(oh, and isn't it a shame that I'm going to Greece and can't eat feta cheese or the yogurt?? Very sad indeed.)

6 comments:

Mom B said...

Hey - I beat EVERYONE with my comment!! Yay on the baby update. Everything sounds like it's going well. Wow, your trip to Greece sounds super! I wanna come!! Have a good time and sing a round of 'Dancing Queen' for me while at the Mama Mia site! TeeHee! Love you guys!

Nancy G said...

LOVE THAT COMMENT ABOUT SINGING!!! Looks like a GREAT place - I'm sure you guys will have a fantastic time!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous.... I wanna go there! Um...why can't you eat yogurt or feta cheese? Do you know something I don't about being pregnant? I miss you!
Crystal

Tracie/Token said...

Maybe Token and I will re-enact the scene between Meryl Streep and Pierce Bronson... haha!!

Crystal - feta cheese is not pasteurized and isn't allowed during pregnancy and the yogurt in Greece isn't pasteurized either. Big boo on both of those!

Nancy G said...

When are you leaving on the trip?? Enjoy the beautiful scenery for me!!!

dadone said...

Cialo T & T, Enjoy the adventure, I know I will!!!! love dadone