Thursday, August 06, 2009

Booooring!

Sorry it's been so boring in here lately. It's just so hot outside that we aren't really doing all that much. There is a peach and pear festival this weekend that we might go to, but I'm not sure just yet. We'll see!

Good news!! Our crib, changing table, and one yet-to-be-picked-up box came into the NEX this week. Token's on assembly duty this weekend. I can't wait!! Did I ever show you the bedding I bought? Here it is:

Now, don't think I bought the whole entire set. Talk about pink vomit! Haha! I just got the crib skirt, crib sheet, window valances, drapes, and two pillows (that are going to go on the glider).

I also bought this wall art from Etsy:

It's a removable sticker and will go on the wall above the crib. I think on another wall we'll do some framed pictures of the bambino that I hope I'll have enough energy to take when she's a newborn. We also need to get a rug and might go looking for one this weekend. The floor is a reddish terracotta color, so I think we'll go with something beige-y.

I have the vision in my head, now I just need all the pieces to come together. Did I mention I'm 30 weeks pregnant today?? That's 75% of the way done. Wowza, it's going fast!!!

I'll breathe a sigh of relief when the car seat I bought that was shipped on June 25 gets here, and when our new car, which has YET to be shipped, actually gets put on the boat. The car thing has been a fiasco. We committed to buying it (from New Exchange Car Sales - not recommended!!!!) over a month ago. We purposely started looking early, because it takes 55 days to get here, and I'm a planner and wanted some cushion. Basically, no communication from the guy at the "dealership" and a bunch of paperwork was needed that we didn't know about, so it kept/keeps getting delayed and delayed. Now it turns out that the guy who was helping us was fired, so there's a new guy who told Token on Monday that the car was waiting to get transferred to the boat. Why that takes days, I have no idea. I just want it to start its voyage, darn it! I keep telling Token to let me talk to them and I'll get the point across that this is unacceptable, but he hasn't passed along the contact details. Hmm... I wonder why? I'm pretty good at giving people the wrath these days. Mwhahaha.

2 comments:

Skvaril's said...

So pretty! :) Can't wait to see pictures of the finished nursery. Only 10 more weeks! That's nothing! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the bedding set....can't wait to see it in PERSON in a few months! I am so excited to meet the little princess! I of course can't wait to see you either, it sucks I have a sister in law but I never get to see you!!!
Crystal