Thursday, August 27, 2009

Garden Watch 2009

Remember when I was talking smack about our garden, and how I didn't think it would bear any fruit (err... vegetables)? Well, the garden must have ears and feelings, because it is completely out of control.

This is what it looked like a couple months ago.

Colorful, yes, but you can't put flowers on the table to eat.

Here it is now!


Crazy, right? The peppers shot up overnight. The plant is so tall.


The basil is as yummy as ever.

Now, the cherry tomatoes look like they are dying, but I still have faith. If there's one thing I've learned, it's to never underestimate the garden.

These are cherry tomato numbers three and four. :p

The squash is running rampant. (BTW, I'm not a squash fan. I don't know what we're going to do with all of these squashes (squashi?))


We have mysterious mint, too. We don't know where it came from, but we sure didn't plant it. Token's been drinking mint lemonade this week.

And here it is again in all its glory. See that pitchfork out there? Token bought it at the base Asian auction. People thought we were crazy, but I think it looks pretty good! Very down-home country.

Impressed?

2 comments:

Beth S. said...

Wow! Impressive!

I know I remember seeing them before, but I love those garden markers.

dadone said...

Cool Garden, and the new design is working, The hummingbird picture, nice touch, dadone