Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby

Token was bugging me last week to find out if there were any labor and delivery classes on base. I have been avoiding that topic, because I'm just delusional that that's going to happen in just a couple months and enjoy being blissfully unaware. Plus, I really don't enjoy watching birth videos. Some might think it's a beautiful thing - labor, that is, - but me? Not so much. The end result is all I'm looking forward to.

I reluctantly made some calls and found out that the American Red Cross offers a three part series called Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby. However, they only offer the classes every other month, and we'd already missed the first August class. We are unable to take the October classes for obvious reasons, so we went ahead and signed up for the remaining two classes this month.

There were videos, props (yeah, I'd rather NOT see how long the epidural string thing is, thankyouverymuch), and other topics that pretty much made me squirm, but there was some humor out of the whole thing. Here's Token in the 'empathy belly.'



I would say this alone was worth the $20.

6 comments:

Nancy G said...

I'M ROLLING WITH LAUGHTER!!! TOKEN, YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE A WONDERFUL MOTHER (DADDY TOO)!!! THANKS FOR GREAT LAUGH TODAY!! WHAT A SPORT!!!

LOVE TO ALL THREE OF YOU!!!!

Mom said...

Hee Hee!! I love it! I also glad you guys went to the class. Love to you all.

Mom again said...

PS - I should have previewed my comment!! I'M also glad you guys went to the class! Love!

dadone said...

Interesting, very interesting, love to all dadone

Anonymous said...

I'll give 100 dollars for it and have it blown up for Christmas-Matt G

Anonymous said...

Glad to make you all laugh a little... man, I would not want to carry that weight around for 9-10 months!!! TOKEN