Friday, August 21, 2009

Wanna see something icky??

So the other night, Nikko was begging for me to open the window in one of our bathrooms. The window has a shutter on the outside and a glass window in the inside. We don't usually open them at night because mosquitoes tend to get in and eat me alive while I'm sleeping. But, Nikko insisted and since he rules the roost, I obliged, opened the window, and went back to whatever it was that I was doing.

When it was time to go to bed, I went into the bathroom and heard this loud scurrying noise. I looked up, and the beady eyes of the HUGEST gecko I have ever seen stared back at me. Look at this monster.


I wish I had my hand up there or something to show how big it was, but since there was no way in tarnation my hand was getting close to the thing, we estimated it was in the six/seven-inch category. Basically, gigantic for the gecko variety. It also had scales that were raised and they looked like horns. In other words, it was freaky.

I, of course, flipped out and sent Token in (who had just gotten out of the shower, so he was.... ahem, 'free to the world') to get the beast, but not without our wonderful gecko-catcher and the cat who got us into this predicament in the first place, Nikko. Catching geckos is one of Nikko's favorite things to do, and he's really good at it.


But wouldn't you know? The fearless cat was scared out of his mind! He was grasping his paws around Token's neck and his eyes were so wide; he was petrified!


So what do we do? Shut the bathroom door, wish Token good luck, and wait for the all clear.



Yeah, who's the tough guy now, Nikko?

(BTW, Token was able to shoo the thing out the window. Sorry to be so anti-climatic, but that's all that happened in the end.)

5 comments:

dadone said...

Suspense!!! The outcome was???????? to be continues!!!!! love dadone

Beth S. said...

Aack! I probably would've started hyperventilating if I saw that thing in my house!

Gil said...

I just love your cat. He reminds me of this real chicken feral cat we adopted in 2004. when my son and daughter-in-law show up with their Greyhound the cat will not even come out to be fed! You have a great blog and good luck with the little one.

Anonymous said...

Um icky, I would have had a heart attack and I'm thinking Jeremy might have been just as scared of it!!! LOL! So, did he finally catch it?
Crystal

Nancy G said...

Michael had a big one get in his apartment in Florida. I think it was there for a while and he finally whacked it to death!! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW - DID YOU GET IT YET???