Sunday, October 25, 2009

I implore you to make these cookies!!

The day before I had Amelia, Token made these really yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, from a recipe from my friend Lindsay. We ended up taking them to the hospital with us to give to the staff, and they were scarfed down. They are SO good!! Make them today!

1 can pumpkin
1 t. baking soda
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 cups flour
2 t. cinnamon
4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 t. vanilla extract
2 T. milk
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips (the ones that look like mini Hershey bars are the best, in my opinion!)

Mix pumpkin, soda and eggs together. Add all other ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix well, then add chips. Drop by spoonfuls and bake at 375 degrees for 12-ish minutes. They will be cakelike. And, this is my opinion, but I think they taste better cooled down. Enjoy!

4 comments:

dadone said...

So..when we make these cookies, does it mean someone will give birth shortly? HaHa, dadone

Nancy G said...

Yes, I've never heard that one before!! I always thought it was Mexican food! Sounds good!

Maddy's Mommy said...

They sound delicious...but how many cookies does this recipe make? 4 cups of flour sounds like about 8 dozen cookies!

Tracie/Token said...

Hey Rachel! Yes, the recipe definitely makes a TON of cookies, which is why we were more than happy to give them away to the hospital staff!! I'd say it made probably 3-4 dozen, because Token made them kinda big.