Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh the things you'll find in the Italian grocery store

There's a new mall that opened here a couple weeks ago - http://www.gallerieauchan.it/immochan.html - hmm... looks like it's partly a Simon mall, interesting! Anyway, we went and did a little walk around last weekend, and spent a lot of time in the grocery store, checking out the stuff the Italians feed their babies. Have a look!

I think this is chocolate-flavored formula. I could be wrong, though, and it could just be like the Nestle stuff.

Mozzarella baby food!

I'm not sure what this is, but it comes in both chicken and sheep.

Horse!!! You can get horse in the form of baby food. Crazy!! Oh, and to the left, the "Verdure Miste" is mixed vegetables, I think.

Cow and pig. Yum-O!

This is some kind of mint-flavored fennel. I think they mix it with water and it's supposed to help with sleep.

Here's some other stuff you can buy...

This guy was making fresh mozzarella cheese.

Seafood buffet!

You know how we have the dispensers for candy? They have them for pasta!! Too cool!!

2 comments:

Tammie said...

WTH? Horse baby food? Really? Do people eat horse over there? Maybe it was baby food and it just had a horse on the packaging as a mascot. Yeah, that's it!!

Pasta bar ... I'd be in heaven with pasta-filled dispensers!

Do you take your big camera around with you and take all these pics?

You know, when I was in Europe 10 years ago people could smoke in the mall. Is it still like that?

Tracie/Token said...

Yes, they eat horse here. Isn't that crazy? I've never tried it (of course!), but Token has.

I rarely take my big camera around, but brought it this time. You can't imagine the looks I got taking pictures... they thought I was so strange!

No, no smoking in the mall, thank goodness! I don't think I could shop there if they allowed smoking! I'm really sensitive to smoke.