Monday, April 30, 2012

Lemony, garlicky, olive oily salad dressing

I made cupcakes today. Raspberry lemonade cupcakes, actually. (recipe coming soon!) I really only needed the zest from the lemons, and I didn't want to waste the rest, so I scoured the Internets for a recipe that would take most of the juice. Found it!

So good! Let me break it down for you, just in case clicking an outside link is too taxing on your poor, overworked hands. ;)

3 garlic cloves, mashed with a fork
salt (the recipe says 1 tablespoon, but that sounded like a lot to me, so I just added and tasted along the way)
black pepper (again, taste along the way. I like pepper, so I added quite a bit)
1/2 cup lemon juice. (recipe calls for Meyer lemons, but I'm not a lemon snob, and just used whatever the kind was I had bought at the good 'ol Wal-Mart in small town, Nevada.)
1/2 cup olive oil (I feel like every ingredient needs a sidenote, so in this one I'll let you know that we brought back something like 30 liters of hand-pressed olive oil with us from Sicily. It'll be a sad, sad day when we run out of that precious stuff.)

The recipe has actual steps, but here's what I did. Added everything to a bowl and whisked. Easy peasy.

The true verdict will be tomorrow, when I test it out on my lunchtime salad.




No comments: